- Twitter: https://twitter.com/isaoshimizu
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/shimizu.isao
- GitHub: https://github.com/isaoshimizu
- Web programming.
- Infrastructure as a code.
- Automation and efficiency of infrastructure.
Site Reliability Engineer(SRE), Vantage Studio, mixi Inc., February 2018 - current
SRE of “FamilyAlbum”
- Optimization infrastructure, databases.
- Improve developer’s environments.
- Transition to Kubernetes environment.
- Jan 29, 2020 “Initiatives to migrate to Amazon EKS for FamilyAlbum (Slide)
- Jan 25, 2020 “What can SRE do to build and maintain a secure Web system?” (Slide)
- Aug 28, 2019 “Transfer logs to Amazon Kinesis Data Firehose with Fluent Bit on Amazon EKS” (Slide)
- Jun 13, 2019 “Container migration in FamilyAlbum” (Slide)
- Dec 12, 2018 “About Amazon S3 Intelligent-Tiering” (Slide)
- Oct 31, 2018 “Make AWS infrastructure with GitHub Flow” (Slide)
- Sep 5, 2018 “What the Mitene SRE team has improved” (Slide)
Site Reliability Engineer(SRE), XFLAG Studio, mixi Inc., August 2016 - January 2018
SRE of “Monster Strike”, etc.
- Jan 30, 2017 “What we have been working on over the last six months since the establishment of the SRE Group” (Slide)
- Feb 7, 2017 “Basic things to do with large-scale service” (Slide)
- Aug 24, 2017 “SRE at XFLAG Studio” (Slide)
- Nov 29, 2017 “On organizing SRE to support the reliability of Monster Strike” (Slide)
Server Engineer, XFLAG Studio, mixi Inc., April 2014 - July 2016
Operation of “Monster Strike”, “Monster Strike Stadium”
- Jul 18, 2014 AWS Summit Tokyo 2014 (Link)
- Jan 17, 2015 “Points to be noted in operation on systemd that I found on site” (Link)
- Feb 18, 2015 “Amazon EC2 Container Service (ECS)” (Slide)
- Mar 1, 2016 “Now and future of infrastructure to support MONSTER STRIKE” (Slide)
Operations Engineer, mixi Inc., August 2011 - March 2014
Operation of Social Networking Service “mixi”
- Optimization of SSL cipher suites.
- Migrate OS from Fedora 8 to Fedora 17.
- GRUB 2 bug investigation, reporting and patching (GRUB, Red Hat Bugzilla).
- Added new function to Cobbler
- Customization and tuning of Linux kernel.
- Migration from sysvinit to systemd, maintenance of OS package.
- Use LXC for production application server, tool development. (Slide)
- “A story introducing OpenStack and LXC” (Link)
Software Engineer, FUJISOFT Inc., December 2009 - November 2010 - July 2011
Data analysis application project
- Designed and implemented web application in PHP-Symfony.
- 1.5 million page views a month or more access.
- Built replicated MySQL servers, Apache servers, mail servers. All servers are redundant.
- The database server load balancing, SQL optimization performed. The search and display data to be updated in real time.
- Search engine optimized and designed HTML and URL.
iPhone/iPad application project
- Designed and implemented iOS video player library in Objective-C, C++.
- The library has been adopted as part of the application, Shortly after release, winning the top ranking free download.
- Ported another video player library for Windows. Using pthread, Audio Units, OpenGL ES.
Technical Manager, FUJISOFT Inc., August 2006 - November 2009
Consumer game application project
- Managed video player application development teams, video streaming server development team, CMS development team, and operations team.
- Determining the specification, design review, scheduling.
- In order to efficiently encode more than 2,000 video, adjust the encoding parameters and batch program design, and implementation. Built Linux servers and load balancers redundancy.
Digital TV project
- Research and implementation of VoIP and DLNA features digital TV(STB) in C/C++.
- Research on digital television system in Global.
Software Engineer, FUJISOFT Inc., October 2005 - July 2006
- Designed and implemented MFP control library in C#.
- Desinged XML for library. XML defines the MFP operation scenarios.
Software Engineer and Manager, FUJISOFT Inc., June 2004 - September 2005
- Designed and implemented VB.NET application.
Software Engineer, FUJISOFT Inc., May 2003 - September 2004
- Implemented WebDAV HTTP client library in C++.
- Designed and implemented a billing agent program in C++.
- These software are for the MFP(MultiFunction Printer).
Internship, Assistant Engineer, Broadband Gateway Inc., April 2002 - February 2003
- Video encoding, log analysis, server build, operate video distribution.
- Analysis of the log I was using Perl and awk.
Information Center Staff, SANNO University, April 2000 - March 2003
- Designed and implemented the university web site.
- Maintained Solaris workstation.
- Advice on the use of computers for students.
- School of Information-Oriented Management, SANNO University, Kanagawa Japan 2003
- Concentration: Image processing. Minami Miyauchi Lab.
- Research and implementation of watermarking technique. Software can insert and extract the watermark into a bitmap image was developed in C.
FUJISOFT Inc. CEO Special Award & General Manager Award 2005
- Developed in-house IT asset management software, helping to reduce costs and improve efficiency.
- This software has been installed on more than 5,000 computers(Win 95~XP).
- Runtime library Independent as possible, without MFC, efficient use of memory.
- I am the head of the wind orchestra. Playing the Trombone and conducting.
- Languages: Golang, Ruby, C/C++(Windows, Linux), PHP, Python, SQL
- Platforms: Linux(Ubuntu, Amazon Linux, CentOS, Fedora), Windows
- Databases: MySQL
- Server Skills: Nginx, Memcached, Redis, Apache, Postfix, Squid, LVS, Nagios, OpenStack, LXC, Systemd
- Infrastructure: Terraform, Chef, Ansible
- Cloud: AWS, GCP, IBM Cloud